Hi everyone, I received this response from on...

Hi everyone, I received this response from one of my prospective testers and needed help with how to respond or explain the request. This is a deployed app on premium. Does Appsheet really need to access the userโ€™s Google Files even though the database (google sheets) is my account? Is this the case on the white label product as well? ?

"I looked into downloading the beta version of the app, but I wonโ€™t comfortable with the level of access to my files AppSheet requires

(they want full access to Google Drive, etc, which I am not comfortable giving.) Iโ€™m sorry I canโ€™t try out the beta version! When it releases as an app or a later Beta without those access requirements I would love to try it out."

Can anyone assist? I could really use some understanding on this. Thanks

0 7 328
7 REPLIES 7

@Daisy_Ramirez are you using Private Tables in your white-labelled app?

Orโ€ฆ have you chosen โ€œas app userโ€ for the Access mode?

No private tables and not on white label product as of yet.

as app user is correct. Thanks

Weird, Iโ€™ve never had someone say thatโ€ฆ Itโ€™s a standard Google authentication process that almost every app goes through

@Levent_KULACOGLU How would private tables affect this Levent?

@Daisy_Ramirez private tables use the userโ€™s Google account so what app she does is it actually makes a replica of your sheet actually on their Google Drive thatโ€™s actually what school about private tables is that the you the end users get to keep their data

Top Labels in this Space