Hi everyone, I want to use LINKTOFORM, but f...

Hi everyone,

I want to use LINKTOFORM, but filling the form with data of a specific row (the row is the last entry from USEREMAIL()). I looked at using LINKTOROW but I cant find a way to nest it that works. Any ideas?

0 4 459
4 REPLIES 4

You donโ€™t need LINKTOROW() at all.

LINKTOFORM() has access to the row from which it is used. So, for instance, if itโ€™s used from that โ€œspecific rowโ€โ€™ (โ€œthe row is the last entry from USEREMAIL()โ€), you can reference that rowโ€™s columns to provide values for the form:

LINKTOFORM(โ€œMyTable_Formโ€, โ€œReferred Byโ€, [_THISROW], โ€œReferrer Emailโ€, USEREMAIL())

Hey @Steve
I donโ€™t know if this is my case too
I have students table and orders table that the students name is ref to the students table
I made an action go the another view and target linktoform from studemts to open the orders form,
When i wrote LINKTOFORM(โ€œorders formโ€, โ€œDateโ€, today() , โ€œNameโ€, [Name] ) it show me the name in the dropdown but there is yellow triangleโ€ฆ When i choose a name directly from the order form everything its ok
Tnx

Instead of reading value from the {Name] column, you should read the key columnโ€™s value. The โ€œNameโ€ column is probably a label column and thatโ€™s why you are seeing the yellow triangle which means broken reference.

I tried this wayโ€ฆ LINKTOFORM(โ€œืจื™ืฉื•ื ืœืฉื™ืขื•ืจโ€, โ€œDateโ€, TODAY(),โ€œPhoneโ€, [Phone], โ€œNameโ€,[Phone].[Name] )the phone culomn is the key.
But didnโ€™t get anythings, how do i put fill the name in the name culomn?
How do i write the it?
Tnx

Top Labels in this Space