Hi Everyone! I would need to develop a singl...

Hi Everyone!

I would need to develop a single app for a medium business (3-400 users)

and it would be ideal to have access to a MySQL Database.

This would bring the costs per year to almost 50k dollars, which is totally unreasonable. Iโ€™ve looked into the Publisher Pro which would cost us approx 500 dollars and the only difference is the sign in feature which I donโ€™t value 49.5k dollars, to be honest

Are there other plans I didnโ€™t find or I need to switch tool for this project? I really like AppSheet but from medium to large business it simply seems itโ€™s not the right choiceโ€ฆ

Thank you

Marco

0 9 372
9 REPLIES 9

The corporate plan would be better option than Pro plan in your case I believe. Would you please send a request to sales@appsheet.com.

Hi @Marco_Mattia_Garogli I tend to have the same thoughts. And hereโ€™s how Iโ€™ve reconciled it. Appsheet developed correctly can bring immense value to each and every user. So, as I develop, Iโ€™m developing for a certain user. I do not blanket hand out licensesโ€ฆ So, if the app and the user bring value together, itโ€™s almost always worth the $10 a month to pair them up. The people that it wonโ€™t bring value to donโ€™t need it. So, what I do is I find creative ways for people to interact with the application without having a user license. For example the managers can scan people in and out of tasks with an NFC ID cardโ€ฆ Or technicians can have a perapp plan that is basically read only so they can scan asset tags for informationโ€ฆ And another per app plan can be made for simply submitting information. Typically as long as the per app plans are for business use, and a one way street they work pretty good

@Grant_Stead Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! The point is that I need the app to create a reliable system to track the position of each different users, therefore I need all of them to be able to access the app

@Aleksi_Alkio I will! Thanks for answering

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli Iโ€™ve used a per app plan for asset/employee positioningโ€ฆ Easy dayโ€ฆ

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli also, of note. Appsheet does not collect passive information from the device. The user must interact, in order for data to be capturedโ€ฆ

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli also, I did mine with a one way, write only table. They scanned their ID, and the asset tag, and hit submitโ€ฆ The app captures date time, and locationโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead I was scared about GDPR but scanning an ID itโ€™s brilliant and compliant! Thanks for sharing, much appreciated!

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli exactly. Management, etc. Really uses the app, Gets the people, etc registered and moved around and leveragedโ€ฆ Then the โ€œgeneral usersโ€ can tag people, places, thingsโ€ฆ And you simply drop a security filter on it so they send, but never receiveโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space