Hi Everyone - Is it possible, do you think, t...

Hi Everyone - Is it possible, do you think, to achieve the following:

A warehouse has racking towers that are 2 bays wide and 5 bays tall.

User has an appsheet app that shows them a 2 x 5 grid of squares (or images, etc), that mirrors the physical appearance of the tower of 10 bays, where they can enter whether a bay is occupied (TRUE) or empty (FALSE) by selecting the square/image.

There would be a new row created each date this count was compeleted.

I know a Gallery view can show rows as images, but can it show columns?

Thx

Andy

0 9 309
9 REPLIES 9

OK, I just found the โ€œImages in buttonsโ€ sample app, which may help me, but I welcome any comments on the first post.

The challenge is that you canโ€™t be sure if the list of Enum buttons is like 2x5. It can change if the user is using quite small or very big phone.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Agreed.

Itโ€™s a shame Forms canโ€™t have column input fields side-by-side, and that the gallery view deals with table rows, rather than row columns.

I havenโ€™t given up, yet, though!

And there is always the possibility that one of the forumโ€™s lateral thinkers will save the day!

Wellโ€ฆ actually you can show input fields side by side but I believe it wonโ€™t help in your case.

Perhaps the X-Y type with pins would be appropriate? Each pin would be a separate row, but that may be fine. Adding @Adam_Stone_AppSheet

@praveen If we could control how many buttons will be in one row, it would solve this case.

Generally speaking, we discourage any solutions where the UI is very dependent on screen size/form factor. This is the problem with controlling the number of buttons in a row โ€” the same app wonโ€™t make sense on a phone and a tablet.

In this case, it sounds like they need a 2X5 grid. It could be an X-Y image. Or It could also just be a table view with inline quick edit. These are all options to consider.

@praveen I know. I have asked this maybe too many times But sometimes it could be a good option like a calculator where you need to show very small buttons and all in a same row. But you are right, the new โ€œQuick edit tableโ€ feature could be a good solution sometimes.

Thanks for this input.

It gives me some different avenues to try within Appsheet.

There is also the potential to have the UI elsewhere and feed the data to Appsheet via Zapier or similar (would obviously rather have an exclusive Appsheet solution).

Re screen sizes, this wouldnโ€™t be a problem, in this instance, because I can control the nature/size of the input devices.

I know the extent of flexibility to allow on the UI is a real conundrum for you.

Top Labels in this Space