Hi everyone, Is there any field type suitab...

pbalerio
Participant II

Hi everyone,

Is there any field type suitable for recording voice and storing it as a sound file?

Similar to images or video fieldtype but only for recordings.

BTW what I am trying to do is to trigger (by using the appropriate GCloud commands) the scripting of this voicefile to text (by calling the GoogleSpeech-to-Text api) and then the result back to the spreadsheet as a text field.

Longtime user but away from this forum for another long time. I love Appsheet.

0 4 797
4 REPLIES 4

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

Iโ€™m afraid currently there isnโ€™t such column type, but you can request for it as new feature at the link below, or if it has been already requested you can upvote it: https://www.appsheet.com/feature-requests

This is already something we know we need to do and is in the feature request app. Please upvote it! @Gil_Littman_AppSheet

The ability to record sound would be useful on my app too.

It addition, as I have written before, Iโ€™d love to be able to play mp3 files within the app, instead of having the file be played in Chrome or some other browser.

If AppSheet had itโ€™s own player, then control options analogous to options for image display would be useful.

One option would be to play the sound in the background with no controls (activated by an action, for example). If the action icon could appear to โ€œreverberateโ€ (change slightly in size in accordance with the volume of sound) that would be super โ€“ but, of course, thatโ€™s not necessary if itโ€™s technically difficult.

Another option would be a show controls such as a progress bar, etc.

For me and some others, the โ€œno controls, sound onlyโ€ option would be a significant step forward.

That would allow error sounds and other auditory feedback.

Thanks in advance for considering this.

P.S. In writing this, Iโ€™m assuming that the actual mp3 file would be in the cloud (an AppSheet file) or on a separate server โ€“ not in the app.

Hi Appsheet Team,
Adding this feature making AppSheet so cool. It will help us to capture data from users with more ease and also a wider range of data can be captured in many ways. The added value of having this option is infinite. I will be on top of my toes to use this feature. I love Appsheet

Top Labels in this Space