Hi folks. I have created a calculator in exc...

Hi folks.

I have created a calculator in excel which references tables of data within the spreadsheet in the process of computing the desired result.

Therefore my App must sync with the spreadsheet in order to compute the result from the userโ€™s new inputs - there is no performing the calculations solely within the App to avoid having to sync!

How can I modify the App so that each user isnโ€™t inundated with a huge bank of previous usersโ€™ saved calculations?

Ideally I would want a user to be presented with a blank form, which they complete and are then delivered the correct result of the calculations from the spreadsheet.

Also, multiple users should be able to use the App simultaneously - I am having trouble working out how to allow this without each user over-writing the otherโ€™s data and without the App filling up with previous calculations.

Much appreciated!

0 3 313
3 REPLIES 3

You are probably using some of those Publisher plans, correct? One approach would be the workflow. Is it possible to send calculations with the email?

@Aleksi_Alkio I am currently operating in prototype mode and the App is not deployed.

Interesting option with the email sent via workflow; I had not known about that.

Thanks for your advice.

Then you should ask the userโ€™s email address in the form so you can use it for the workflow/email. If you are thinking to use Publisher plan, you would need to have at least Publisher Plus.

Top Labels in this Space