Hi folks, I'm trying to create a custom act

Hi folks,

I’m trying to create a custom action. I find the “App: Add a new row to this table” doesn’t give me enough. And the “App: Copy this row and edit the copy” gives me too much

What I want the user to be able to do is to execute an action on an existing record that will:

1. Mark the current record as complete 2. Add a new row to the table 3. Pre-populate (copy) SOME of the fields from the current row into the new row

I suspect I can do this by breaking step 3 out into a number of individual actions. But I’m not sure if it’s possible and if so how to write the expression for each action so that it copies the information from the current row and column.

Is anyone able to assist?

Thanks in advance.

elan

https://www.screencast.com/t/JV7nVWBc

0 4 319
4 REPLIES 4

Two actions should be enough. The 2nd action should use LINKTOFORM where you can specify what fields you want to pre-populate and you can do that one by one as well.

Thanks @Aleksi_Alkio I haven’t been able to get the LinktoForm to populate with selected fields.

I’ve tried it in a couple of different actions. When I test it the fields that I’m trying to prepopulate are all blank.

Here is the expression I’m using in this case to try to prepopulate certain fields:

LINKTOFORM(“Co Creative Progress App_Form”, “Life Domain”, [_THISROW].[Life Domain], “Commitment”, [_THISROW].[Commitment], “Challenge Summary”, [_THISROW].[Challenge Summary], “Challenge Details”, [_THISROW].[Challenge Details])

Can you see what I might be doing wrong?

Remove all [_THISROW]

@Aleksi_Alkio Beautiful, that worked. I so appreciate your support.

Top Labels in this Space