Hi guys... Has someone ever succeeded to dyn...

Hi guys…

Has someone ever succeeded to dynamically set the starting view based on USEREMAIL() ?

0 6 423
6 REPLIES 6

@Suvrutt_Gurjar , was actually expecting something like IF(IN(USEREMAIL(),TableName[Emails]), View1,View2). Is there something wrong with this formula? The expression builder says no. But each time i save the formula and return to UX-> Options -> General–>Starting view, i noticed the formula is no more and had been replaced by a random default view.

Hi @RoSCA_La_Familial, I tested with the formula you have given and it works well. I am attaching a screenshot of the formula and the associated displayed view for your reference.

After making the changes, I will request you to log in in the app again, in the devices where you are testing this functionality, apart from editor device.

Just in case you continue to face problem and if it is OK with you, I request you to share your account ID and App name with senior colleagues in AppSheet team so that they can take a look at.

Just tried again with this same formula and it works. Today is a blessed day. What happen ? Not sure I can answer. But thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar

Hi @RoSCA_La_Familial, Thank you for your update. Good to know that the formula works the way you want.

Hi @RoSCA_La_Familial,I tested the requirement and it worked for me in the following manner.

I created a simple three column lookup table called ViewSel (for ViewSelect) with columns ID(Key), Email and View. I entered Emails and corresponding starting view names in respective columns.

I put the following expression under

UX – > Options – > General – > Starting View

ANY(SELECT(ViewSel[View],[Email]=UESEREMAIL()))

I tested it for two different USEREMAIL ids and it worked well.

There could be other ways to achieve this but just thought of updating you on one way that works.

Top Labels in this Space