Hi Guys How can I use a clickable link to a ...

Hi Guys

How can I use a clickable link to a pdf file or the file itself in my Form View?

I am trying to give click instruction to user to read through while filling the form.

I tried Url & file options with ‘Select’ function in the App Formula but not successful. Please help.

Thanks Dan

0 9 1,791
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

@Levent_KULACOGLU

This is what I also need for my T&C PDF.

I need User to have access to see & download my PDF right from the Form View before they click “Agree”

TY!

@Stephen_Mattison there is no way to achieve that because after viewing or downloading the file, the user cannot return back to your app form. I still think that showing that T&C in the form and making an “I Agree” or “I Read” button field is the more robust one.

Is it an existing pdf that you want to show on the form?

@Aleksi_Alkio @Stephen_Mattison @Levent_KULACOGLU Yes. That’s Right. It is an inspection Rules (similar to T&C) they can refer to the steps while filling the form, then click to say they have read it.

You need to use Show> URL column for that purpose. First share the PDF file you want show and then add that URL into the content field.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks Aleksi. You are a Champion. Although it is not convenient that it opens in a Web browser, if that is the best we have for now, I will be happy to use it. It works fine. Thanks Aleksi. Appreciate your help. @Levent_KULACOGLU @Stephen_Mattison

Yes we should have the same option “LaunchExternal” as we have with the URL field.

@Aleksi_Alkio I agree.

@Aleksi_Alkio

I vote Aleksi for God, again!

Your Show>URL does the trick perfectly!

Do we also need a “File” option here?? I now see EXACTLY what I wanted in my SignUp Form, a beautiful (and blue) succinct link directly to my PDF to view and download before having to click “Accept”.

98% will never read this, of course, but it must be available, and now it is!

Link remains there when you go back into the saved row, more perfect!

TY AGAIN my friend!

I will update my recent Post asking for this.

I simply used =HYPERLINK(“Share-able Link from Google Drive File”, “Click here for Terms & Conditions PDF”) in the Content field as you suggested and the link opens my PDF seamlessly, no visible Browser for my PDF.

I got this to also work to take me directly into a Shared Google Doc, something related that I really needed to do.

So, thanks again and ALL HAIL ALEKSI!

My beautiful SignUp is now complete! I think, HAHA!

It grabs Guest Name & Email, Guest enters Birthday using Buttons, App calculates accurate Age (TY @MultiTech_Visions !!!) and confirms Guest is >21 years old, Guest enters Zipcode which fires off several queries in the background ;), I get Guest’s Favorite Part of the Festival, and Agreement to the T&C, and all in 25 seconds, Me’s a Happy Happy boy right now!

Top Labels in this Space