Hi guys, I'm having a problem solving this, ...

Hi guys,

I’m having a problem solving this, maybe someone can help me out?

I’m trying to build an app that which makes our material requisitions and drawings easier to find. I’m trying to create dependent dropdowns for the [Part type] then [Block} then [Level] and then to have certain data displayed as a list which I will then use to create a workflow.

I’ve been able to create the dependent dropdowns and I know how to create the workflow I just can’t seem to make it create a list based on the dropdowns.

I’ve tried several ways and I think I have confused myself LOL.

0 5 359
5 REPLIES 5

I believe it would help users in this community to help if you show us what have you tried already.

Hi @Colin Sanders, After @Sdfaheemuddin’s input, just in case , you are still looking for more approaches to achieve this , could you please add /confirm below understanding of your need?

Presume you are looking to come up with slices ( or lists)

of table records based on selection of those

three dependent columns value mentioned? Assume this selection is dynamic(frequently changing)?

Will many app users or only one app user will create their own different selection?

Hi guys, thanks for your comments, really appreciate your responses.

@Aleksi_Alkio great point, I tried creating a form originally as I thought this was the only way to create a dropdown, I then revisited the video Tony produced titled “Working with SELECT() expressions in AppSheet”. Watched it a couple of times as I thought that would hold the answer, however, I was uncertain how to present the Select() expressions for multiple dropdowns. I then tried experimenting with Slices as I thought that might be the answer.

In answer to @Suvrutt_Gurjar Suvyes you are correct(in my opinion) I believe the answer to my question lies in coming up with Slices based upon the selection of those 3 dependent column values. Also, yes, many app users will need to create their own different selection. To solve the problem I am facing, this is a key point. I can make it work for all departments from then on.

Hi @Colin Sanders

I am sure @Aleksi_Alkio will guide with the best solution . Based on my undesrstanding, you may wish to have dependent drop down columns in usersettings based on those three columns. And then you may create slice

on that table with filter set as AND (USERSETTINGS (column 1), USERSETTINGS

(column 2), USERSETTINGS

(column 3))

Top Labels in this Space