Hi guys ! In my app, when i create a record i...

Hi guys ! In my app, when i create a record it has status is active “A” , and i can edit and change all fields, i have a “Valid If” that

validate the status = “A” to do that.

To make another record i need to close this, i have an “action” that change the status to “C”, only one record is active “A” at a time, but …

the action does not work because it says that “IS BECOME INVALID”,

Then,

how i validate that only record “A” can edit, or how can i change the status to a record without going against the validation???

thanks for your help…

0 3 308
3 REPLIES 3

Harry2

@Efren Hi, I’m afraid I don’t quite understand the problem. Could you give me a step-by-step example please? Also, what are the names of the app and the relevant tables, columns, and actions?

the app is “CorteV2SINDATA-261468” in a simple way, with a single table …

I have two employees, one in the morning and another in the afternoon. each employee generates a record in table “CORTE”, when the employee leaves, closes his record with an “action” that changes [sts]

= C, the employee who enters makes a new one with [sts] = A.

The idea is that you can not edit anything from a “closed” record [sts] = c, but you can see it.

I put in filed [ID DATE] “valid_if” = OR (NOT (IN ([INT KEY], CUT [INT KEY]), [STS] = A) so that the records can not be edited [sts] = c, but the problem is that when the “action” wants to change the [sts] = c it says it’s invalid!

The action

name is “CERRAR CORTE”

temporarily to work, I modify the valid_if = OR (NOT (IN ([INT KEY], CUT [INT KEY]), [STS] = A, [STS] = C)

I asume you have removed that validation away temporarely but the reason could be this… The [STS] should not have any validation by itself. The [FEC Close] should not have validation as well, because it’s hidden field in the form. Then your “Cerrar Corte” action (sequence of actions) is able to write the NOW().

Top Labels in this Space