Hi. How do I link a deck view option to a for...

Hi. How do I link a deck view option to a form dynamically?

0 12 865
  • UX
12 REPLIES 12

Create an action with the option โ€œEdit this rowโ€ and then add that action into your Deck view so you can directly click it.

Thank you Aleksi Translate

Hi Aleksi. That worked. I got there in the end Thank you.

Youโ€™re welcome

Hi Aleksi. I did that and it worked but it is not exactly what I want. I didnโ€™t provide enough detail. The problem I want to solve is: When I get to the bottom level of my menu hierarchy i.e. Maintenance > Plant 1 & 2 I need to get this menu option to show the form with the list of questions as opposed to changing the details of the Menu Group itself. Can you proceed to a form from the lowest level of the Deck View menu option?

Printscreen would help

If I gave you app id would that be better?

Ok I have attached the a screenshot of the google sheet I want to use to display the list of form questions and the bottom level of the Deck View menu. The flow of the menu is Maintenance > Plant 1 & 2 and when the user clicks Plant 1 & 2 I want to direct them to the form with the list of questions in the google sheet. The app name is HealthandSafety-OperationsChecklists-813993 if it would be easier to look that way.

You want to open the Form view instead of a Detail view when clicking the โ€œPlant 1 & 2โ€?

Exactly based on the spreadsheet attached. Plant 1 & 2 is the bottom level of my menu structure i.e. Main Menu > Maintenance > Plant 1 & 2.

It is a completly separate form though. Plant 1 & 2 form view on the menu would only have 3 columns. I created a google sheet for the menu structure but the view I want to get to is a completly different file as per the attached.

You can create an action and then choose that action from the option called โ€œEvent actionโ€ and โ€œRow selectedโ€.

Top Labels in this Space