Hi, how I can solve this problem? "app did n...

Hi, how I can solve this problem?

“app did not load successfully. Please contact the app creator. Unable to fetch app definition: Error:Error: Data table ‘unidades’ is not accessible due to: The field ‘geo’ has type ‘public.geometry’, which is currently unknown to Npgsql. You can retrieve it as a string by marking it as unknown, please see the FAQ…/n”

0 7 988
7 REPLIES 7

Sounds like you’re using PostgreSQL and a column called “geo” in table “unidades” has a type that’s incompatible with our provider. If you can change the type in the database itself, that might work around it. @Harry anything we can do to to avoid this breaking the app?

I don’t think we should force users to change type in their DB because that DB can be use in other places.

This is a standard type used by many and recommended. AppSheet should be more permissive in what it can consume.

You should support it fully as you can show it on a map element. Any news? @Harry @Adam

A database that is being updated by processes other than AppSheet will not work properly with AppSheet. All AppSheet data sources, whether database or spreadsheet, should only be updated by AppSheet to avoid the very real possibility of problems.

Yeah fair assumption but consider this use case. The DB is for a native app and other backend services, so we build that to be used for those services. We wish to use AppSheet to build internal app to improve debugging, deverloper workflow etc. It’s unlikely to change much data (currently plan was readonly because an app would make it super easy to view all data for non-developers). But you’re right if we want AppSheet to change data which would be a use case eventually.

We should be able to exclude these unsupported types of columns then. Currently it fails with an error.

By the way does this also imply that we should not share same data source between two AppSheet apps ie both apps have add, update and delete permission? And that could cause problems?

So long as only AppSheet apps–however many apps that may be–are the only users of the spreadsheets, you’ll be fine.

I mean you can’t support every data type from every DB type. This is also 2.5yrs old and Adam did say “changing it might work around it” and @'d another Appsheet member to see about fixing it. I just made a column of type geometry in a mysql database in my app and things load just fine.

I’m sure if he was unable to change the datatype for any reason, he woulda got a bit more help and a bit more explanation.

Top Labels in this Space