Hi, how to auto capture gps in already saved form?

i have attached 1 excel sheet to 2 views ( created new table with same sheet). i have two columns of gps capture, each per table.

1 st view is - can create,update.
2nd view- can update ( no creation)

so i am getting the gps capture while creating the new record using here()

in 2nd view, here() is not capturing gps and is available to capture manually.

how to capture gps in another view in update mode with empty cell.

sorry for my bad english.

0 9 251
9 REPLIES 9

You can move HERE() to App Formula instead of Initial Value, but know that it will update every time the record is updated. Or you can turn Reset On Edit? on.

Either way though, you probably will have to put other limits in place to make sure youโ€™re only capturing it when you want/need to capture it.

Perfect, thanks for the help, its working.

Thanks Marc and Steve,

Iโ€™m going to explain in Spanish, and if you can translate for me better if not I will try to translate. thanks

En mi tabla A hay un dato que arrastra LOCATION, cln HERE() automรกticamente, pero cuando entro en APPSHEET para cambiar un parรกmetro me arrastra mi ubicaciรณn y no quiero que esto suceda.

Tengo indicado que si estรก en blanco la casilla del usuario, se complete sรณlo.
ยฟcรณmo puedo indicar que suceda sin arrastrar mi ubicaciรณn? Gracias

Google Translation:

Unfortunately I cannot understand what youโ€™re trying to say or ask from that translation. Maybe try to explain it a different way?

Lamentablemente, no puedo entender lo que estรกs tratando de decir o pedir de esa traducciรณn. ยฟQuizรกs tratar de explicarlo de otra manera?

Ok, sorry Marc, let me try.

I have one sheet โ€œAโ€, one of the data is LOCATION, where I indicate HERE().

If I entry to modify data it takes my ubication, not the user ones.
How can I do to happen without dragging my location?

Can you understand now??
thanks Sara

I understand this as
โ€œI have a table โ€œAโ€, one of the fields/columns is [LOCATION], where I have the HERE() functionโ€
If thatโ€™s correct, please tell us if itโ€™s AppFormula or Initial Value.

I think you should have it as Initial Value and Reset on Edit but inside an IF()
Something like this:

IF(
  USEREMAIL()="YOUR@EMAIL.HERE",
  [_THISROW_BEFORE].[LOCATION],
  HERE()
)

I donโ€™t work with location but it seems that this expression should work and update the location with the actual one just if the user editing the record is anyone but yourself

It is still not very clear what you are wanting to achieve. But perhaps your problem is, as Oscar mentions, the case of a new HERE() value, overwriting the original value. If that is the case, you should probably use Initial Value, instead of App Formula.

Steve
Participant V

For reference:

Thanks, Iโ€™m going to try and reply again.

And if the APPSHEET has the data jet with my location, can I erase to empty now??

Top Labels in this Space