hi, i am building a summary view which has th...

ux
(Shri) #1

hi, i am building a summary view which has the totals and averages. this view can only be seen in Form View and does not appear if i choose any other view, however the problem is there is a Save and Cancel button at the bottom which are completely redundant for me. is there a way to remove those buttons, or any other work around? thanks

(Suvrutt Gurjar) #2

Hi @Shri

Are you using form view as set in UX - > Views

-> View Type?

Any specific reason you cannot use say detail view with read only slice having a single row?

(Shri) #3

@Suvrutt_Gurjar even then the Table and Deck views appear blank

(Suvrutt Gurjar) #4

Hi @Shri,

Could you please confirm that you are looking to create a singular summary detail view like a dashboard right? Or is this summary required for all rows of the table?

(Shri) #5

@Suvrutt_Gurjar this is a summary view for all the T20 match entries of the user. it is a separate slice to the bottom left view where the user enters his scores. the summary slice applies Math Expressions on the columns to get the career totals.

(Aleksi Alkio) #6

Please check your view’s “T20 Summary 1st View” definition. Your table view is showing 5 records, but it’s showing blank columns in the beginning.

(Shri) #7

@Aleksi_Alkio Looks ok to me. how can i get this in say a table view so that i dont have to deal with the Save button.

(Aleksi Alkio) #8

You are probably calculating your summaries with the app formula. You need to calculate those values with the virtual column, not with normal column.

(Shri) #9

@Aleksi_Alkio so i need to change all my columns in summary slice to virtual ones, is that what ur saying?

is there a quick way to do it?

(Aleksi Alkio) #10

Yes, that’s correct. I’m afraid you need to do that manually.