Hi, I am discovering chart features and it's ...

Alper

Hi, I am discovering chart features and it’s nice to see that main functionality is there but there is something missing, which is custom defining x-axis labels since using just key values is not always best fit, I may want to use some other numerical column (consisting unique numbers) as X-axis labels. Is is really not possible to define labels for chart (columns stack) X-axis or am I missing something?

0 8 467
8 REPLIES 8

Have you tried marking a column as “Label” in column structure; I do not exactly remember, but I think it works and will be shown on chart too.

Alper

@RezaRaoofi Yes i suspected of possibility of using labels actually, but failed in a try, (label check disappeared). I will try again.

You can’t have 2 labels at the same time; try uncheck the existing label and check the new label column, then save.

You cannot define custom axis labels, I believe.

Alper

+Steve Coile That’s a bit bad news, I hope it could be integrated in future versions, graphs are sort of meaningless without correct axis values. Some cases, a bitmap copy of Google sheet chart could work too

You might consider playing around with slices. As I recall, slices are pretty key to customizing graphs. You can create a virtual column with the desired axis name and populate it with desired values. You can also use the slice to tailor the data set.

@Alper did you try my suggestion? Well, I tested it later myself when I had a chance, and it works, marking any other column as label will display that column’s values on hirzontal axis.

Alper

@RezaRaoofi and +Steve Coile thank to both of you for the advises, in fact, Reza’s solution worked perfectly this time, dont know why other attempt was failed, seems all good at the moment, was very concerned about it, so happy to see its solved.

Top Labels in this Space