Hi, I am trying to build an app that uses a ...

Hi,

I am trying to build an app that uses a form as a filter instead of using a form to add data. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Basically, I want to have a form that takes user input for certain variables, and displays rows that have that input.

Thanks, Grayson Stiglbauer

0 5 333
5 REPLIES 5

tony1

@tony

I checked out both samples you suggested. The first one is closer to what I need.

I need to build a screen where, when the key value is scanned in/manually entered, the rest of the record would be looked up and brought over to the UI.

Specifically in my case, the QR code on the book will be scanned (or book code manually entered), that book code is used to look up the Lending table and then the UI is populated with rest of the info like lenderโ€™s name, date checked out, etc.

It need to start by prompting for one field, then using that lookup the table, populate rest of the UI using the record found.

Tried making the book code field

โ€œsearchableโ€ as used in the first example but that did not cause the lookup to happen to bring over the rest of the Lending record.

What am I missing?

tony1

@Mahesh_Gajanan Make your scannable column a reference to your table of books. Then, use de-reference expressions as initial values in the rest of the form. help.appsheet.com - Dereference Expressions Dereference Expressions help.appsheet.com

@tony, that worked great! Thanks!

@tony I have a related question that belonged to a different thread. Interested your creative idea on this plus.google.com - To speed up the check in process as folks lined up presenting QR codes one afโ€ฆ To speed up the check in process as folks lined up presenting QR codes one afโ€ฆ plus.google.com

Top Labels in this Space