Hi, I am trying to setup a form that will po...

Hi,

I am trying to setup a form that will populate date from a spreadsheet. Example: When I select Name from drop down, it will populate address, email, phone from a spreadsheet database. How can I do this?

0 10 405
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Timothy_Martin, Presume that you wish to

populate this contact information from contact table and save the form with some other additional information into another table

help.appsheet.com - References Between Tables

Please let us know if you are looking for some other functionality such as just viewing the contact information.

References Between Tables help.appsheet.com

I have two tables. One with employee information and one that will store my form data. I have created a form in Appsheet & linked it to my form data table. I am using a valid_if on the name field of my form to create a pullldown of names from information in the employee information table. I want to automatically populate other fields on my form (Address, email, phone, etc) once I have selected the name from the pulldown. The other information I want to populate would be coming from the employee information table.

With valid_if, you may need to select each field in the form, referenced from other Employee table.

I request you to use the concept of referencing/dereferences if feasible. I also request you to through the article shared. Please go through a relevant app given here.

appsheet.com - Table References - A basic demo of table references

Table References - A basic demo of table references appsheet.com

I feel like this is a simple task I am trying to accomplish. I have things setup just like your example and it does not work.

I have a premium account. Any way to get some additional help?

I have two Tables in my google drive sheet thatโ€™s linked. One that is called โ€œStack Rankโ€ and one that is called โ€œEmployee Reviewsโ€. Stack Rank is information that is constantly updating. I want to be able to take information from Stack Rank and pull it over to my form (Based on picking an employee name) and then save that information into my Employee Reviews sheet. I can successfully get a dropdown with a list of all of my employees. Once I select a name I am unable to populate the other fields in โ€œEmployee Reviewsโ€ from the information in โ€œStack Rankโ€.

In โ€œEmployee Reviewsโ€ I have my column โ€œNameโ€ setup as a ref. It successfully pulls up a list of employee names from โ€œStack Rankโ€. Now based on what Employee Name I have selected I want to populate the rest of their information into the form. Since the information is always being updated, this would allow me to save a snapshot of that information for what it is at the time of submitting form.

Doesnโ€™t work

Hi @Timothy_Martin , May I request you to check if the column settings and expressions are on similar lines as the picture below.

Please note that the Key and other columns can be different types as say numbers etc. Even column names can be as you need. Below is an illustration. Hope this helps.

Hi @Timothy_Martin Great! Request you to try following.

In the Employee review table as well as stack Rank table ,if the name of the column Address is [Address} , then in the Employee Information tableโ€™s[Address] column definition, please put deref expression {Name].[Address] as App Formula

Where name of the Ref type column in Employee Information table is {Name]

In similar fashion you may pull other columns into Employee Information Table.

Hope this helps.

Top Labels in this Space