Hi I am wondering if there is a way to create...

Hi I am wondering if there is a way to create “sub Menus” in appsheet? If there is can i have a link? Also if not what woud be the best way to handle lots of menu items in a hamburger menu?

0 5 1,223
5 REPLIES 5

One approach I found helps is to use a Dashboard view in the menu to group similar items (eg: a chart with records to edit below.

Or a Messages list with a ToDo list underneath).

Not exactly what you are looking for, but it did help me consolidate my menu a bit…

You can create your own menu system if you don’t try to put it into the Menu. Create one main menu (main table view) and many submenus (sub table views).

@Aleksi_Alkio That sounds awesome!

Is this kind of what you are saying?: -create a table called MasterView with the columns{[ID] and [SubViewName]} then -create a table view for Masterview in the Menu

How do you make it go to another view when someone clicks on a record in the Masterview table?

Actually… you don’t need to use the menu at all. You can use it directly from that main view.

You have few ways to open the submenu. If you open the table view, you can find an option “Events action”. You can write an action to open the view or you can create the table with Name, Image and App columns and then trigger that app column.

I woudl be cautious creating an app with a system of many menus with submenus. Usually that is too much functionality to put into one app. You might consider having sub-apps for each class of features and building an app launcher instead.

Top Labels in this Space