Hi , I am working to build a ticketing syste...

Hi ,

I am working to build a ticketing system app. Few columns which are important are UID(unique id for ticket), parent UID(parent uid if the ticket has a root), Assign To , Reassign(yes,no) .

I have a action which executes the group of statements : 1.sets reassign to yes 2.copies the current row and edits it 3. closes ticket

I am wondering if there is a way in the 2nd step to copy row and store the previous row details .Like in my case I want to have the previous rows uid to be set as current rows parent uid . Is there a way this can be achieved ?

Thanks, Tejaswini.

0 2 302
2 REPLIES 2

We have an action to straight copy a row. We also have an action called linktoform in which you can pass as much info from the current record as you want. So, yesโ€ฆ

The real hiccup imo, is having to mark a record as reassigned and subsequently closed. 1. Could you not determine that from a virtual column with an app formulaโ€ฆ Somehow based on the informationโ€ฆ Like itโ€™s not the newest record with such and such parent? 2. Why do you need to even make a while new record just for a reassignment.

Thinking through that, your should be able to have one simple action take care of itโ€ฆ The other thing to consider is action failures or if someone cancels a recordโ€ฆ If youโ€™ve already marked the old record as reassigned, youโ€™re kinda goofed up. So youโ€™ll typically want to do that expression wise that way if they cancel the"old" record isnโ€™t compromised

@Grant_Stead Thanks!! So I want to see how the ticket started and why it was reassigned too . Thatโ€™s why I was looking into options to have a parent uid to make that happen . Thanks for the suggestions I ll try them out.

Top Labels in this Space