Hi! I had an App that is been used in a scho...

Hi!

I had an App that is been used in a school. They teachers add report cars for each student.

This report cards, are send it via email from a workflow rule to the principal each time the [Status]=“Complete”.

So the pricipal wants to print the PDF report cards all at once, how can I do that? Does anybody knows or have an idea about a solution for this…?

Also, there are different kind of classes, so how can I redirect the PDF´s attachments to a diferent Folders in the google drive?

0 18 385
18 REPLIES 18

How many cards do you need to have in that pdf? Do you want to send student’s all cards with the same email?

Are you able to show it with better quality… now it’s difficult to understand the requested workflow, thanks.

It’s little bit difficult to have access to your device

@Aleksi_Alkio

Hello, have you had time to check the PDF?

I requested you to share the file, but I haven’t got any reply yet.

I tried to open the PDF and now the link seems to work.

If you want to print one class at the same time… let’s say 30 students and you want to use exactly the same template, you need to copy all tables 30 times in your template and find the suitable formulas into all fields. Little bit big job to do but it’s doable.

If you could change the template structure, you could use the Start & End expressions and print these cards as a related table, it would be much easier to do.

@Aleksi_Alkio

I will try Start and End option and option. Thanks Aleksi!

Translate

@Aleksi_Alkio

The amount of cards is going to change month by month depending on how many students made there test for each class.

All cards with Status “Complete” will be send to a single email.

Do you have a sample what kind of card you are referring?

@Aleksi_Alkio

Do you need the PDF sample or the formulas inside the DOC template?

Pdf sample

@Aleksi_Alkio

Hi Aparicio and Aleksi… If I understand your requirement Aparicio, your principal wants to just do a print run of all the completed report cards.

If this is correct, Aleksi I think this would have to be done by programming a Google Sheet script to output all the report card data from the sheet in the format of the pdf.

Otherwise the principal will have to print them out from each email he received.

Any thoughts?

Yes it’s doable, but you need to think what would be the best place to trigger those pdfs.

@Aleksi_Alkio @Mary_Jane_Pender Give me a couple of hours and I. Send you the PDF, I’m not at the office right now.

@Aleksi_Alkio @Mary_Jane_Pender

Here is 1 sample, I had diferent Docs for different classes

Top Labels in this Space