Hi, I have 2 apps in test mode. One is worki...

Kane_Group
Participant III

Hi,

I have 2 apps in test mode. One is working fine but the other is not syncing to One Drive for business. When I sync on a mobile device the update shows on another device but does not sync to onedrive. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

0 32 1,121
32 REPLIES 32

Kane_Group
Participant III

When I make a change on the file on one drive it syncs to the app on mobile device but does not sync the other way.

Kane_Group
Participant III

Help Anyone as this is driving me crazy, canโ€™t figure it out! If I update on my phone, the update is available on the browser App but not on one drive. Where is the data being stored?

I have waited thinking that there is a delay in one drive sync but it canโ€™t be over half an hour! If I sync App after half an hr changes are lost as it sync from the old version on one drive.

Sounds like some sort of caching issue. Iโ€™m not familiar with the Microsoft products. Is there some sort of offline mode that you may have enabled that limits the sync with the cloud copy?

May I ask your account ID and app/table name if I check your app. It sounds interesting.

Also, what operating systems are your devices using?

Kane_Group
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio Account Id is 769246. Problem App is GMV 5 Progress Tracker. Similar App- Hounslow House is working fine.

Kane_Group
Participant III

+Steve Coile tested on ipad, samsung phone and Win 10 browser

What is the table name?

Kane_Group
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio

any of the tables . All similar and all same issue

Would you please give one record from table โ€œBlock A Mechโ€ that you canโ€™t see from the XLS but you are able to see it with the app.

Kane_Group
Participant III

A001 1st fix high level ductwork

percentage is 100%

Would you please send an email to support@appsheet.com, thanks.

Are you saying that the data are in your both devices when you sync the app, but you are not seeing that data from your XLS file?

Kane_Group
Participant III

Thanks. Iโ€™ll send it tomorrow morning.

Do you see that 100% from your app or from your sheet? Which one is correctโ€ฆ 100% or 0%?

Kane_Group
Participant III

100% is in the App. If I sync I donโ€™t see it in the sheet. If I sync again

100 Is overwritten to 0%

Kane_Group
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio I sent an email to support this morning with screen shots showing the issue.

@Kane_Group Once you work this issue out with support, could you update us here with the fix? Iโ€™d like to know what the problem was.

Kane_Group
Participant III

+Steve Coile - I will do. No reply from support but I think I may be in a different time zone as Iโ€™m in Ireland .

@Kane_Group What email address did you use when you sent the email to support?

Kane_Group
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio

I got a reply this morning. from Dinh. He was unable to replicate the issue. I decided to delete the sheet and delete the folder on one drive. I recreated folder and uploaded spreadsheet. Same issue. I created a new folder with a different name and uploaded the spreadsheet that also has a new name. Do you know how I change the source of my tables in App without having to re add tables? I have 2 other Apps that have the same structure and both are working fine. Baffling!

Kane_Group
Participant III

So I got the source changed on my tables and now all seems to be working. Still donโ€™t know what the issue was though. Must be some One Drive bug.

@Kane_Group Yuck! I hate unsolved mysteries! Sorry!

Kane_Group
Participant III

Exactly

Kane_Group
Participant III

think I might have solved it! I have a logo inserted in the header of one of the spreadsheet tabs. This sheet is not used in the App but it seems that One Drive doesnโ€™t like it. Removed the logo and works fine. Still very weird the way the change is obviously stored somewhere but doesnโ€™t show in One drive spreadsheet.

Whoa! Good catch!

Please check that your data is not in the very end of the sheet (in your XLS).

Kane_Group
Participant III

The date and time stamp are not updating on One Drive. All I am doing is adding a simple test - changing from 0% to 100% in one row. Change is not made. All is fine if I make the change in spreadsheet on one drive and sync. Updates is on devices then.

Does this apply?

โ€œWith Office 365, if a user has the spreadsheet open for editing, other users and third-party apps like AppSheet canโ€™t make updates to the spreadsheet. Consequently, if you intend to build an app that updates the data (as most apps do!), please make sure to close the spreadsheet first. Otherwise, youโ€™ll see conflict (โ€œ409โ€) error messages and the app wonโ€™t be able to save changes to the spreadsheet.โ€ Using Data from Excel and Office 365 help.appsheet.com

Kane_Group
Participant III

thanks, I am aware of that. Thats not the problem. spreadsheet is not open in Office 365. I make change on phone, sync and then check if update has happened in spreadsheet but it doesnโ€™t update yet when I sync a tablet immediately I can see the update.

What happens if you sync the app with another device?

Kane_Group
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio

If I make changes and sync on any mobile device or browser I see changes on other devices but not in one drive which is very weird. I have another very similar App that works fine. Thinking I may have to rebuild this one.

Top Labels in this Space