Hi. I have 2 tables and a column in the first...

Hi. I have 2 tables and a column in the first table has an APP FORMULA that uses data from the second table. When I add or update records in the second table, I want a work flow to update the result of the formula in the first tableโ€™s row. I am not able to find a way to do it. Can any one give me a suggestion?

Thanks

Bala

0 9 384
9 REPLIES 9

The app formula should automatically update when data it uses changes.

This happens when I have the row of first table in edit mode. But when I add/edit a row in the second table separately, this does not work.

If you want this will happen dynamically, you would need to use virtual columns instead if normal columns.

Ok. LIke how you have shown in Order Capture app. But do you have plans to implement the same in future?

I did find a way using Virtual columns. I created a virtual column like you said and did the calculation in it. In the action, I just copied the virtual columnโ€™s value to the normal column. Though it took some time, it solved the purpose. I needed the updated data in the excel sheet.

Just one suggestion. Is using this method efficient or having Spreadsheet formula efficient for the apps working?

It depends do you need that data without syncing or not.

I prefer to have it before syncing, but I do not mind getting it updated a bit later too.

If you use the Sync option โ€œAutomatic updatesโ€ as ON, the event action will happen on the background. If your virtual columnโ€™s app formula is a simple one, I would probably go with that one if itโ€™s better to see the result before syncing.

I have the automatic updates turned on. The formula in the virtual columns is

โ€œ=SUM ( SELECT ( IT07 VMC Comp Log[RUNNING TIME], [MACHINE LOG ENTRY] = [_THISROW].[KEY]))โ€

With the automatic updates turned on too, the value changes after the first automatic sync. I hope it is the same as you told. If there is a faster way, let me know.

Top Labels in this Space