Hi, I have 5 different Warehouse location (1-...

Hi, I have 5 different Warehouse location (1-5) with different bin and bay. If a user Select warehouse 1, then Bin 1,2,3 and Bay 1,2,3,4,5,6 should be possible to Select. If the user instead Select Warehouse 2, then Bin 1,2 and Bay 1,2,3.

Is there some function to use or how should I solve this?

0 11 421
11 REPLIES 11

Following. I always have trouble with this myself. Apparently does some automatic Dependent drop down but I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever nailed itโ€ฆ

Take a look here.

Works really well and Appsheet does much of the work! Dependent Dropdown help.appsheet.com

@Aleksi_Alkio The problem here is when this string is sent to Google spreadsheet. To be handled as transactions in a database I need single rows for all selections. Iโ€™ll think Enumlist is the trick here, but then I need some Google spreadsheet functions. Here is a pic that shows 3 selectet bays, I need it on single rows.

@Staffan_Johansson do these Bin and Bay have anything to do with the Dependent dropdown or are they just individual dropdowns?

@Aleksi_Alkio These are individual, Select Warehouse from dropdown will reflect bin and bay as dropdowns, both โ€œConnectedโ€ to Warehouse.

@Mike_Adler Iโ€™ll have a look here, thanks.

SWITCH([Location], 1,{1,2,3}, 2,{1,2}, โ€ฆ 5,{x,x,x}, {No Location} )

@Aleksi_Alkio this Works, thanks! I have one last twist, in one of my Warehouse there is different no of bays, like this. It means that I need to combine the Warehouse and if bin is 1 or 2 or 3 it should reflect 4,6,8.

This a little bit off-topic, but is it possible to Select many options from a numlist. For ex, Select bin 3 and then 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 from bay in one Select? This also have to be treated as singles rows in Google spreadsheet, i.e 8 rows should be created.

The solution I provided can be used also with the EnumList as well.

Hi Staffan,

There are a number of ways to do this, as Aleksi shows.

I use this approach.

1. Warehouse dropdown - user selects Warehouse. 2) Bin dropdown - Put the following in the Valid_if for the Bin column - SELECT(warehousetable[BIN], [Warehouse]=[_THISROW].[Warehouse]) 3) Bay dropdown - Put the followingin the Valid_if for the Bay column - SELECT(warehousetable[BAY], AND( [Warehouse]=[_THISROW].[Warehouse], [_THISROW].[BIN])) Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

mj

Top Labels in this Space