Hi, I have a column with a Yes/No type. I w...

Hi,

I have a column with a Yes/No type. I want the initial value to be false so have set the initial value formula to be =false. When I add a new record, the form shows the Yes/No column with the No button coloured as if it is being used but when the app is synced, the google sheet column is blank and does not contain FALSE. I have slices that filter my data based on this column being false. Does anyone know how to set the initial value of a Yes/No column type?

Thanks in advance.

0 9 2,617
9 REPLIES 9

Thatโ€™s how it should beโ€ฆ

Thatโ€™s very odd.

Have you tried setting =โ€œNโ€ to the initial value?

Just to be clear, since you didnโ€™t say so explicitly, you did Save the form before the sync, yes?

I just tested and was unable to reproduce that issue; the Initial Value of =false for a Yes/No column type worked, and when adding new record No button was selected by default, and after save/sync I did find FALSE value in the back-end Google Sheet.

If default Yes/No column type is chosen, the default check for it shall be =โ€œNโ€ or = FALSE and itโ€™s recorded as TRUE/FALSE to the backend sheet.

@LeventK

I tried it. It didnโ€™t work for me, may be I did something wrong.
So I have a Yes/No column, and itโ€™s initial value is =โ€œNโ€, but I can not see both in the application and in spreadsheet, โ€œNโ€ as a default value.

If you have a Yes/No type column and the initial value is set to FALSE, when you launch the form โ€œNoโ€ option will be automatically selected/highlighted.

when you launch the form

I feel dumb, I was trying to view that in the existing form.

Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space