Hi, I have a customer with a CRM DB and in th...

Hi, I have a customer with a CRM DB and in this DB there is a geolocation as a DMS (degrees, minutes, seconds) format. When I past the geolocation in Google Map, I get the right location. However when I have the data in my AppSheet app, the location does not appear and when I modify the record, it tells me the entry is invalid. Doesnโ€™t AppSheet accept this format of latlong ? Thanks in advance for your help. Greets, Sylvain

0 4 462
4 REPLIES 4

Appsheet does not like the unnecessary N or E or circle degree or โ€™ or " symbol parts of your imported coordinates data.

It should look something like this

39.202934, -92.136811

Hi @Stephen_Mattison thank you for your feedback. However, there is 3 offical ways to express gelocation (1) DMS (2) DMM (3) DD. Google Maps accepts all 3 of them (https://support.google.com/maps/answer/18539?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en) The format you mention is the 3rd one โ€œDDโ€, but my question is how can I use the one I have in DMS format in AppSheet, as I would expect AppSheet to accept it since it is accepted by Google Map, which is the map used in AppSheet. I hope my explanation is understandable enough. Thanks in advance for a reply on this. Greets, Sylvain

Find or enter latitude & longitude - Computer - Google Maps Help support.google.com

@Sylvain_Rossy

Interesting, this might be a Feature Request, hereโ€™s a link to the Feature Request App.

To keep AS Servers & Apps as incredibly light and fast as they are, Iโ€™m guessing AS wants GPS data in simplest terms.

Iโ€™m sure official AS people will chime in here about this. Gotta be an easy way to convert the overly symbolized GPS data into simple โ€œDDโ€ form prior to uploading to your App.

I personally wouldnโ€™t want any of that extra/useless/space-wasting crap in my DB, especially for an App, where youโ€™ll never have to/want to look at the GPS data, only the visually plotted results. Login - AppSheet appsheet.com

gregdiana1
Participant V
Top Labels in this Space