Hi, I have a parent and a child table and I'...

Anke_H

Hi,

I have a parent and a child table and I’m trying to create an action to add a child record from the parent (table). The child table is really just one optional record per user to mark the parent relevant to the user.

I’ve looked at the available videos and documentation of actions and workflows but only found examples of changing values in the child records but not adding one.

How would I automate adding a child record assuming it only uses the parent reference and a useremail which is set as initial value in the column definition?

0 4 489
4 REPLIES 4

You can create that action with the deep link LINKTOFORM. You can do that with the formula LINKTOFORM(“ViewName_Form”,“Parent_ID”,[ID]).

Anke_H

@Aleksi_Alkio : I thought LINKTOFORM would navigate to the form and leave the current view, does it not? Since my child record’s values just contain known values I was hoping to add the child from the parent view, e.g. as mass action on the parent’s table view.

@Anke_H, your understanding of LINKTOFORM() is correct.

It is not possible to add a row to a table (i.e., to add a child record) without user interaction.

Anke_H

+Steve Coile Thanks for the clarification. I’ll try a different approach which starts from the child records.

Top Labels in this Space