Hi I have a problem with some of the synchro...

Frederik
Participant V

Hi

I have a problem with some of the synchronization-features of Appsheet.

I have a table of customers, with various data, like their address, customerID, and scheduled visit dates.

On the side, I have an extra table to keep track of extra work-hours (beyond the agreed upon work and price), that I link to from the customer table.

The problem is that when the original work is documented in the customer table, all the values of a given row changes to [sync to compute], and that โ€œdataโ€ is then transferred on to the extra work table, when the link is used. This blocks the app from synchronizing, until the changes are removed.

My data does contain formulas, but nothing that changes when the values of the same row (or any row in the same worksheet) are changed.

Is there a way to avoid this [sync to compute] behavior, or is that in the pipelines? For now I just instruct the technicians to sync their app after every change, but the synchronization can take up to several minutes, depending on the internet connection; time better spent on other activities than waiting around for the app to syncโ€ฆ

If there is no way for me to change this behavior, consider this a suggestion for something to come up in a later update

0 5 317
5 REPLIES 5

Am I correct that you are calculating value(s) with the sheet formula?

Frederik
Participant V

@Aleksi_Alkio calculating might not be the word Iโ€™d use, but I have some lookup functions to gather data from different sources to put together to a useful, informative app. The columns with functions like that are all marked โ€œRead onlyโ€ though.

Iโ€™m assuming you have Automatic updates as ON as well as Delayed sync, correct?

Frederik
Participant V

That is correct. Delayed sync is an absolute necessity for me, but would turning OFF Automatic updates do me any good?

Frederik
Participant V

I just tried toggling the Automatic updates option off and on, but it doesnโ€™t seem to make a differenceโ€ฆ I see how there could hypothetically be fields calculated by other fields, but if there could just be an option to stick with the โ€œoldโ€ data until the app was later synced, I would be very happy

Top Labels in this Space