Hi, i have a table , and many user (should be...

Hi, i have a table , and many user (should be not registered) , that can add a row in the table. i set the access to

adds_only

i want the rows to be update by anyone, ( not need username) with a code , each rows have a code ( = key) so, if i set

the single column with constrict formula

, i can do this, but in the main view, the user can not add any more rows. i think the constrict formula wins on the access mode set on the table, there is some formula to add in the single constrict column ? like

if ( โ€œconditionsโ€ , updates_only , adds_only)

?

the constrict formula is like this : [pin code]=[key]

pin code is a virtual column , that refers to a column named [code ] , this column is editable, and initial value is โ€œโ€, if user insert the correct pin, ( [pin code]=[code] ) , he can edit the other rows. but i need the user to adds new rows

0 13 577
13 REPLIES 13

What is a โ€œconstrict formulaโ€?

the formula used to column , editable if

For example this will do that with Editable_Ifโ€ฆ

OR( NOT(IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn])), [PIN]=โ€œ1234โ€ )

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks You sir, this works very good

!

Youโ€™re welcome

How does the pin code virtual column โ€œreferโ€ to โ€œa column named [code ]โ€?

What is a โ€œconstrict columnโ€?

maybe is constraint โ€ฆ sorry

Iโ€™m having a lot of trouble understanding your post, so Iโ€™m going to just throw out some possibly useful points:

To allow a user to add new rows and update existing rows without allowing any row deletions, enable Updates and Adds and disable Deletes for the Are updates allowed? property in the tableโ€™s configuration (in Data > Tables).

You shouldnโ€™t need to use a formula with ADDS_ONLY or UPDATES_ONLY unless you have needs you havenโ€™t clearly explained yet.

The Editable_If property of a column in no way affects the table-level permissions set above, but could prevent the user from saving a form if a column containing an invalid value cannot be edited to correct the value.

How you want the PIN to work is entirely unclear to me.

i know the use of adds-only or updates_only in table, but the priblem is that the editable_if

affect the table level restrictions. if i put a restriction on column , this affect adds in table

Use Adds and Updates mode and when creating those Editable_If formulas, you need to check are you adding a new record or editing the existing one. For exampleโ€ฆ IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]). If itโ€™s true, you are modifying already existing record and โ€œpinโ€ verification is needed.

@Aleksi_Alkio but in this way, need the pin also on add new rows, i try to bypass this issue

No, you user doesnโ€™t need to know that if you donโ€™t request that in your app.

Top Labels in this Space