Hi, I have a table called "Sites". Child ta...

(Srikanth S) #1

Hi, I have a table called “Sites”.

Child tables to this are

1. “Site Tests” - Ref is Site Name 2) “Site Orders” Ref is Site Name 3) “Site Payments”

Ref is Site Name

Users enter data in Sites and anybody can create Sites and child table rows as well.

I have seen that users enter data wrongly and new site records (duplicates) are created for the same site. Also for the duplicate sites sites created, some child records are also created.

Can I create a view / form to select the Site Name which is wrongly created and the Site Name to which I want all the child records can be moved to? After the move is done, I will delete the wrongly created one.

I think I can do with Action “Data Execute action on set of rows”, but I have not seen any example on this… If I am right, please share me an example here or you may please suggest how to do this.

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

Would it be easier to use the same table and filter records with a slice?

(Srikanth S) #3

@Aleksi_Alkio, well not easy because there can be many records in child table for a single record in parent.

(Aleksi Alkio) #4

I don’t see the reason why it would be easier to move your records from one table to another rather than update the value/record in a same table. Maybe it’s difficult because we don’t know your column/table structure well enough.