Hi, I have added a new table and for some rea...

Hi, I have added a new table and for some reason it is not showing up under the bottom section of the Columns tab for me to be able to edit the respective columns. My other three tables all work fine. Help??

0 26 602
26 REPLIES 26

Clear the browserโ€™s cache and check if that helps.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks, Aleksi. That didnโ€™t seem to have any impact. I went ahead and also deleted the table and re-added it and itโ€™s still not showing up in that lower section.

What is your account ID and app name if itโ€™s okay for you to check your app? I can do that after few hours.

Yes, I greatly appreciate it. 751901 / DoYoChoYo

You have brought four tables into the same app. Have you done this on purpose? If yes, what is the idea behind of this?

Well I admit Iโ€™m a newbie. I needed to manipulate different parts of the spreadsheet for different views on the app. To get those different column options it seemed re uploading the sheet was needed.

Could you try dropping it and adding again? There may have been some problem extracting the structure of that table.

@praveen

I just deleted that table and re-added it. Not showing up in bottom section.

Looking into it

I think what is happening is that you are adding the same smartsheet repeatedly. They are sharing the same column structure which is what makes it confusing. This is also what Aleksi mentioned. You donโ€™t need to do that. Just add it once and remove the duplicate tables. If you need different views over the same data, you can construct different views (UX -> Views). If you need subsets of the data, you can construct different slices (Data -> Slices)

Do I need to rebuild everything Iโ€™ve done?

How do I set the same columns to do different things in different views other than in the Columns section?

Have you tried with another device or browser?

For example, I have certain columns hidden in one view, if I create a new view from that same table how would I make them unhidden there? They are already set in this case to hidden in the Dataโ€“> Columns section.

Hi Joshua, I would recommend that you keep all the columns visible in the table. Then use slices to include some columns and exclude others. Build your views on top of the slices rather than the underlying table.

I need an image field to show up only if a corresponding field contains data. This would be easy as a slice, except I have in a single view multiple conditions. I donโ€™t see how slices could address the issue, because I canโ€™t apply multiple slices to a given view and each slice allows me to show which columns are visible IF given criteria are met, yet I need certain columns visible if A criteria are met, but other certain columns visible if B criteria are met, etc.

/appsheet/data/DoYoChoYov2-751901

Any thoughts most welcome!

Help! haha

Now Iโ€™m thoroughly confused (and a bit anxious). I logged on with a different browser (same email address) and having logged in my app isnโ€™t showing up at all there. Even though on the other browser which I still have open itโ€™s there (Iโ€™m terrified to refresh or navigate away from that page).

Sorryโ€ฆignore that. That was dumb. I recalled I was signed via Smartsheet.

No change regarding the initial issue on the different browser.

I just found this note: Multiple UX views have the same name โ€œTo Do 2_Detailโ€. Could this be the issue?

Thatโ€™s not the reason

I didnโ€™t think so.

Any other ideas?

Top Labels in this Space