Hi. I have an app that allows users to creat

Hi.

I have an app that allows users to create a TASK that has a START TIME, END TIME and a STATUS of either open, closed or overdue. What I’m trying to accomplish is to have the STATUS change to “overdue” if the END TIME is less than NOW(). I have an action to make the change and I created a workflow to trigger it using this condition: (([Status] =“Open”) , [End Date] <= Now())

…but it only triggers when the task is updated. Is there a way to trigger the workflow or the action whenever the app is synced, or launched? I basically want users to wake up in the morning and see all current statuses of their tasks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 2 361
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve Coile FTW thanks so much!

For anyone stumbling upon this looking for the same solution:

I let the user create a TASK with a STATUS of either open or closed. (Originally I allowed the user could select “overdue” when creating a task… rookie mistake)

Then a virtual column called CURRENT STATUS with the following in the app formula:

IF(AND([Status] = “Open”,[status]<> “Closed”, [End date]< NOW()), “Overdue”, [Status])

Thanks again Steve. Faith in humanity = restored

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Use a virtual column for STATUS. Virtual columns are updated whenever any of their component values are updated, when the app is synced, and when the app is started.

Steve Coile FTW thanks so much!

For anyone stumbling upon this looking for the same solution:

I let the user create a TASK with a STATUS of either open or closed. (Originally I allowed the user could select “overdue” when creating a task… rookie mistake)

Then a virtual column called CURRENT STATUS with the following in the app formula:

IF(AND([Status] = “Open”,[status]<> “Closed”, [End date]< NOW()), “Overdue”, [Status])

Thanks again Steve. Faith in humanity = restored

Top Labels in this Space