Hi, I have an app that works as a backoffic...

Hi,

I have an app that works as a backoffice of all other apps.

In this app I handle my users.

All users have access to different applications.

In the employees table, I have an Enumlist column that permit to select the apps activated for this user.

I have an App launcher app that uses a slice. In that way, my users have only one app (the launcher) and they can use all the others from here. The slice is to make sure that the users can see only the apps they use (between 2 to 5 per user, in total when I am finished I will have more than 20 apps linked together)

My question is, is it possible to share all the apps listed in the Enum list when I add or update? For exemple a manager that have a view to handle his employees will be able to add an employee, select his needed apps and this employee will directly have access to them without having to go to the appsheet account and share to users.

Thanks a lot!

0 10 375
10 REPLIES 10

You could also share all your apps with the domain. Could that solve your request?

@Aleksi_Alkio Indeed it is perfect. Thanks a lot!

Youโ€™re welcome

The thing is the activated apps are set using an Enumlist colum, so all the activated app are in one Cell in the DB

Try withโ€ฆ IN([app_name],LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),app_employees,email, activated_apps))

UPDATE:

When I test the formula, it works. I also clicked on โ€œview dataโ€ in the slice information, the slice works. I donโ€™t really understand why when I use the slice in my view, its only shows the first row of the slice

@Aleksi_Alkio I tried the formula IN([app_name],LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),app_employees,email, activated_apps))

I get error message:

Parameter 2 of function IN is of the wrong type

Hi @Aleksi_Alkio, I am sorry to bother you again with this trouble.

It seams that there still is a trouble. Here is the data produced by my slice.

RowNumber [Number]

as_id_app [Text]

app_name [Text]

app_link [App]

app_image [Image]

2 IvKe3IHD Backoffice

3 ZZn8qC82 Grace

4 Pc8UIxdP Packings

6 Zhm1lWAm Orders

when I use the formula FIND([app_name],LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),app_employees,email, activated_apps))>0

(I could not get to make the formula IN() )

=> In my view I still have one row displayed in the view using the slice:

I tried with the IN formula. It gives me the correct data when I use: IN([app_name],SPLIT(SELECT(app_employees[activated_apps],[email] = USEREMAIL())," , "))

Still When I use the slice for my view nothing is displayed

I have a trouble creating the slice.

I am using the following formula for the sliceโ€™s filter: FIND([app_name],LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),app_employees,email, activated_apps))>0 When I test the formula it works but the slice is only returning one row (the first value matched with the lookup)

Any Idea how I can deal with it?

Top Labels in this Space