Hi, I have an Inventory App with PALETS and...

Hi,

I have an Inventory App with PALETS and BOXES details.

The people who use it select the CTN and can ADD or PULL something inside.

They 1st see in which CARTON they need to look and then Click ok ADD.

The ADD is a LINKTOFORM() to the EDIT form of a table MOVEMENTS.

I another app I put =[_THIS]="" in the Editable_if column to make sure that the users can not change the CARTON, PALET or REFERENCE.

This solution does not work anymore, how can I manage the same result?

0 13 384
13 REPLIES 13

Itโ€™s little bit difficult to be sure what your issue is. Are you able to give more details about it?

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi. My issue is that I need some information in a from to be set up by an action and not editable by users.

In my exemple i have a reference, a box and a palet. Those information must not be editable by the user (to make sure that would be pulled or added o the good box).

Indeed the user will select a specific box then click on โ€œadd stockโ€ or โ€œpull stockโ€ then select quantity.

My goal here is to make sure that they do not change the information about the palet, the box or the reference while they are in the from. The only information I need them to be able to change in that form is the quantity.

If this post can be of any help to someone: as I still need those columns in the other views, I put the expression: =CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)<>mouvements_Form Instead of =FALSE

in the show_if

Thatโ€™s true if your option UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally is set as ON.

@Aleksi_Alkio Indeed

Soโ€ฆ you would like to create a new record with an LINKTOFORM action where you prefill those 3 fields but those fields need to be not editable?

@Aleksi_Alkio This is what I thought I did, but maybe the wrong way.

I desactivated โ€œeditableโ€ in โ€œDataโ€ => โ€œColumnsโ€. Problem is when I do that, those columns are not written in the database.

Do you need to show those fields when the user is filling that form?

@Aleksi_Alkio I might not need to show them, but those are used to create the ID to link the stock movment table and the inventory table (ID = palet & box & reference & color & size).

Maybe I shold create an ID column with uniqueid() and simply delete those columns?

@Aleksi_Alkio If I need to display them to make

sure they can chck, I could use a Virtual column

Soโ€ฆ then you could use an expression FALSE for your Show_If (Show? with the new editor) and hide them from the form view.

@Aleksi_Alkio Even better. Thanks a lot

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space