Hi I have create an app for our employees to ...

Peter_Westin
Participant III

Hi I have create an app for our employees to register idea for process development.

I like to have the following restrictions:

1. the user should not be able to vote on his own ideas 2. the user should only be able to place one vote per idea, per day.

Any suggestions on how to do the above?

peter

0 9 348
9 REPLIES 9

Slices will be your best friend. https://help.appsheet.com/data/slices/defining-and-using-slices

As people are entering info you should have a column with an initial value of USEREMAIL(). Then make a slice for my ideas, and not my ideasโ€ฆ Something like thisโ€ฆ

https://help.appsheet.com/security/security-filters/limiting-users-to-their-own-data

And basically what youโ€™re doing is liking/favoriting/ thumbsupping something, which means youโ€™re creating a list in each item of who has voted for it. The best way to do this is to create an action that adds their USEREMAIL() to a listโ€ฆ

@MultiTech_Visions this is your method anyway, we had an awesome post about this. Iโ€™m mobile today so I canโ€™t search Google from my phoneโ€ฆ WTFโ€ฆ You think you can dig up that post where you outlined exactly how to do thisโ€ฆ

Did you find the USERSETTINGS? Are you able to identify the user on that way?

Peter_Westin
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio I create a field for email in the table, and yes itโ€™s fetching the users email-adress.

restrict one vote per day. an not voting on own idea

What plan are you using for this app?

Peter_Westin
Participant III

@Grant_Stead Thanks for input. When I create one slide with the users records, and another slide that show everybody elses records, it works!

But, how do I limit the voting by not allowing more than one vote per idea/per day?

@Peter_Westin you put that on the action that concatenates the useremailโ€ฆ So they can only vote โ€œpress/see the actionโ€ if theyโ€™re email is not in the list

Peter_Westin
Participant III

@Grant_Stead Hi, I like to restrict the voting on ideas by one vote / idea / day

@Peter_Westin Yeah, Thatโ€™s a little tougherโ€ฆ

If you add a virtual column with an expression CONCATENATE([DateColumn],"-",[Useremail],"-",[IdeaID]) and you add this as a key column, one user canโ€™t save this vote more than once in a day.

Top Labels in this Space