Hi, I have created an action to add a value t...

Hi, I have created an action to add a value to a column.

The value needs to be my date column plus 7 days.

Therefore I have added this formula.

[Date Raised] + 7

It seems to work, however the result is incorrect.

The date returned from the original date of 13/08/2018 13:16 is exactly the same.13/08/2018 13:16 no change, no 7 days added?

Any ideas welcomeโ€ฆ

Thinking about it, is this because the formula works at the same time the record is created, basically the same time the original date is set?

0 9 387
9 REPLIES 9

@Nick_Parsons1

If your column type in the app is DateTime, the expression should work really: [Date Raised] + 7

If your column type is Date then try with

DATE([Date Raised]) + 7

@Levent_KULACOGLU yes column type is DateTime?

I have also tried the formula you suggest and the same result applies?

No change to the date.

I have just noticed that what I am doing maybe wrongโ€ฆMy aim was to have a response date (Date raised)+7 days added automatically as a timestamp to my google sheet.

Instead, for this to work it requires me to press the action button?

Looks like I have misunderstood the use of the actionsโ€ฆ

If this is the case, would I have to apply the time stamp within gsheets instead?

I would prefer it to be sent from appsheet but maybe thats not the best wayโ€ฆ

@Nick_Parsons1 at what condition you want to parse that expression to the sheet from the app? Can you elaborate a bit more?

@Levent_KULACOGLU When a new record is submitted, and my column (severity) = 1 - Minimal Risk for example, a particular amount of time will be added to the date raised column to produce a response date (new column).

Basically, for each of my 5 severity levels there will be an amount of time suggested to respond to the concern.

A severity 1 for example may allow for a 7 day response.

Severity 3 may require a response within 3 days, Severity 5 will require an immediate response.

So, there will be two dates, date raised and response time.

Depending on the severity, an amount of days will be added to the date raised to produce the response time.

@Nick_Parsons1 you can set below AppFormula for your [Response Date] column:

=IFS( [Severity]=โ€œ1โ€,[Raised Date] + 7, [Severity]=โ€œ2โ€,[Raised Date] + 5, [Severity]=โ€œ3โ€,[Raised Date] + 3, [Severity]=โ€œ4โ€,[Raised Date] + 1, [Severity]=โ€œ5โ€,[Raised Date] )

@Levent_KULACOGLU I had to edit some of the context which has been accepted by appsheet, however the time is exactly the same still as the date raised?

=IFS([Severity]=โ€œ1 - Minimal Riskโ€,[Date Raised] + 7,[Severity]=โ€œ2 - Low Riskโ€,[Date Raised] + 5,[Severity]=โ€œ3 - Med Riskโ€,[Date Raised] + 3,[Severity]=โ€œ4 - High Riskโ€,[Date Raised] + 1,[Severity]=โ€œ5 - Highly Likelyโ€,[Date Raised])

@Nick_Parsons1

If [Raised Date] value is 8/12/2018 14:30:00, for [Severity]=โ€œ1 - Minimal Riskโ€, the extension will yield to 8/19/2018 14:30:00

@Levent_KULACOGLU You are correctโ€ฆI made a very simple mistake!!!

Works perfectly, I tried many different ways, not realising it can be done in the app formula!! thank you.

Top Labels in this Space