Hi. I just made an app and tried using URL fo...

Hi. I just made an app and tried using URL forwarding with masking. Redirection works OK but mobile browsers are opening the desktop version of the app. If I enter the appsheet.com URL directly it works OK. Is there a way to fix this? Since I’m gonna use the mobile version only I don’t know if the app can be forced to always show this view since detection is not working with forwarding.

Thanks!

0 7 815
7 REPLIES 7

I’m a bit confused. What do you mean by the appsheet.com - The no-code app maker for Google Sheets, Excel, and more. Create mobile iPhone and Android apps for your business. Start for free and build powerful apps. url? Does it have the form www.appsheet.com/start/{app_id}

— that will always open in a browser. The no-code app maker for Google Sheets, Excel, and more. Create mobile iPhone and Android apps for your business. Start for free and build powerful apps. appsheet.com

@praveen

Yes, when I use the www.appsheet.com/start/{app_id} URL it works OK in any browser but when using forwarding, mobile browsers are opening the desktop view instead of the mobile one. Thanks.

Sorry Felix, still confused. What do you mean bu the desktop view vs the mobile view? Either way, if it is opened in a browser, it is the same view. By mobile view, do you mean “opened in the app” ?

Mobile browsers have a redirect mechanism builtin so that an installed app can register to open some specific url prefixes. Perhaps that is what is going on. Adding @Brian_Sabino

If your app doesn’t require sign-in you might have better luck using a page with an iframe help.appsheet.com - Running Your App in an iFrame on a Web Page

We don’t really support domain forwarding with masking. Running Your App in an iFrame on a Web Page help.appsheet.com

@praveen With forwarding.

@praveen standard URL.

@Brian_Sabino Oh what a pity. I was looking for something really really simple. If there’s no other solution maybe I’ll have to try that or give our customers the unmasked URL - but it doesn’t look very professional -. Thanks for the answer.

Top Labels in this Space