Hi, I just miss some basic guidance how to i...

Hi,

I just miss some basic guidance how to implement best an interactive dashboard. Is there a sample available with some level of complexity?

a) I want to have a map view indicating the location of objects.

b) The objects include 2 columns which are a REF to 2 separate tables A and B (used for dropdowns). c) Views for those 2 columns are also part of the dashboard (as filters on the map view). This works well, so I can select an element of filter A and also select an element of filter B and the map view only displays the objects where both filter match.

My goal now is : 1. select element in filter A ==> limit map view 2. AND also the filter B list should be reduced to show only those elements of filter B matching the map view.

What is the trick here?

0 5 484
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Harry2

@Christoph_Bucker Hi Christoph, Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t quite understand what you are trying to implement. Could you elaborate please? What are filters A and B? Are they the views for tables A and B? What do you mean by selecting element in a filter? What are the relationships between the views, the tables, and the map?

@Harry hi dinh, the filters A and B are the table views A and B. Selecting an element in the filter means to click on one row in the table view so that the map shows that all rows with the selected value.

i will prepare a small sample.

@Harry

Hi Dinh, I prepared a sample app which represents the described scenario. Would be great if you could check the sample

ddSample-34013

The Dashboard includes a map view of the table objects and 2 referenced table views (tableA and tableB).

If I click on a row in tableA, the map only shows the objects of the fitting rows of the tableA. Same with tableB.

My goal is that - after clicking a row in tableA- tableB only shows those rows where objects match the selection of tableA.

Would this be possible? Or does appsheet already have a nice sample for this scenario?

Thanks

Harry2

@Christoph_Bucker Hi Christoph, after checking out the sample app, I believe I understand what you are trying to implement now. However, Iโ€™mโ€™ afraid that thereโ€™s currently no built-in feature to support this. This is because although both tables A and B are referenced by the objects table, there is no direct reference between A and B. As such, the dynamic dashboard view will not be able to link rows in the 2 tables.

Right now, if you click on certain map pins that reference rows in both tables A and B, you will see that the rows will be selected. Based on this, the only workaround that I can think of is to create a new table, which will reference all 3 other tables (objects, A, and B). By selecting a row in this table, you will be able to filter rows in all other tables. However, this is a really convoluted workaround that will add unnecessary complexity to your app, so I donโ€™t recommend implementing it.

@Harry Hi Dinh, thanks for the analysis. So it turns out I have to find somehow a relation between my 2 tables. I was hoping for a design pattern how this could be achieved. Thanks again

Top Labels in this Space