Hi. I try to design database for 'followers' ...

Hi. I try to design database for ‘followers’ and ‘followings’.

I have Member, Follow Table. Member has columns like Email, Nickname, Sex, Age, etc… ( key is Email ) Follow has columns Email, FollowerEmail. ( key is concatnate with Email, FollowerEmail ) Two columns reference the Email of Member. In other words, Parent is Member and Child is Follow.

I want to use LinkToFilteredView expression in action like LinkToFilteredView(“Member”, [Email].Follow[Email] = useremail()) to see only my follower ( This expression is virtual to explain my intend ) and

LinkToFilteredView(“Member”, [Email].Follow[FollowerEmail] = useremail()) to see only lists I following. ( Just intended expression ) Of course, The above expression is impossible. Because I think this app support not Accessing a Column in a Child Record ,but Accessing a Column in a Parent Record.

So, Is there access a column in a child record by expression? Have a good day!

0 4 361
4 REPLIES 4

I try other methods not use reference relation. LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“People”, [Email]= any(select(FollowRelation[FollowerEmail], [LeaderEmail] = useremail()))). but this expression is only one row mapping because of any().

You could check if related follower contains user’s email address… something like LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Member”,IN(CONCATENATE([Email],USERMAIL()),[RelatedFollowers]))

This is correct! Thank you!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space