hi. I want to do a dropdown list of suggested...

hi. I want to do a dropdown list of suggested value for a column that is taken from another table, and is conditional.

the issue is that I want to do it on Date values (not Text) can it be done? how? i saw this, and this is the most relevant but I could not make it work for me, yetโ€ฆ https://help.appsheet.com/expressions/using-expressions/suggested-values-for-a-column

where do i write the constrain? in the valid if or the formula?

second q: can it be done on virtual column? if so what do i write in the formula (if the constrain is need to be in the valid if)

Thanks! please help, I am in a loop regarding this for a while:) Ravid

0 6 399
6 REPLIES 6

Instead of a date or text field you need to use Enum and choose the โ€œDateโ€ as a BaseType option.

Virtual columns are for calculation and thatโ€™s why selectable dropdown is not possible.

@Aleksi_Alkio i need it to have dynamic list,

Based from other table and condition ,

can i do that in enum column type?

Yes, you can read for example dates from another table with the Valid_If like TableName[ColumnName].

Thanks! that works! Now i have another related complex Q. I want to chose another value in the same table that is Numeric, dependent on the chosen date. so I wanted to do a LookUp function. but I need the lookup not to be totally randomized and to have another limitation based on another column (not in the simple Lookup function). is this possible?? how? thank

Soโ€ฆ are you looking for a dependent dropdown?

Top Labels in this Space