Hi, I want to have several apps (each of them...

Hi, I want to have several apps (each of them with data in an own google drive folder) have in addition read/write access to a common data file in another folder. For all file security filters apply.

Should this be possible? It was possible to assign the common file in appsheet in each of the apps, but it turns out that there are access problems of my users.

Regards

0 12 361
12 REPLIES 12

Certainly possible, though yes, permissions might be a problem. In the common tableโ€™s configuration, ensure Access mode is as app creator. If set to as app user, every app user must be granted access (via Google Drive) to the worksheet individually.

Thanks Steven, Access mode is set to app creator, so this should be fine. The problem arised during syncing, saying that there is no write access. The common table is in a folder of another app. The users do not have access to this additional app.

@Christoph_Bucker Yeah, Iโ€™m at a loss: Iโ€™d expect it to work.

@Steven_Coile Thanks anyhow. Good to hear it should work.

@Christoph_Bucker Is the table (in AppSheet) corresponding to the common worksheet configured to allow updates, adds, and deletes?

@Christoph_Bucker Are you using a slice atop the common table? If so, does the slice allow updates, adds, and deletes?

@Christoph_Bucker Are you using a formula to determine what updates are allowed to the common table?

I am using security filters based on this common table. A slice is defined as well and Updates are allowed.

@Christoph_Bucker Iโ€™ve run into problems before with using formulas to determine table update permissions when the data being updated changed the result of the formula, resulting in my update access being revoked mid-sync.

No, I am not using a formula for the update mode.

@Christoph_Bucker Do you have the exact error message returned?

Unfortunately not, I only received a call from the user. I solved the issue by now by copying the common file to each of the individual folders and linked to this copy. But this is of course not that what I finally want to accieve. I assume I have to test it further the next days. I understand it should work, so I will give it a try.

Top Labels in this Space