Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to dy...

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to dynamically or automatically create a URL link to a drive folder that houses files and images.

I know I can copy and paste the shareable URL, but it would be nice to be able to have appsheet fill in the URL when a new record is created (each record could potentially have its own folder). It would be even better if it could create the folder like it does when โ€œFolder Locationโ€ is specified in the editor for images and files. But I could do that by having an image or file uploaded when a new record is created too.

I have a lot of files and images that would be stored in the folders and would prefer them to retain original file names and being able to open the drive folder I could just upload and view them from there.

It would also be easier to upload batches.

It would also cut down on the number of Referenced tables at the bottom of my records as well to make theme easier to navigate.

Is that possible, or is it more of a feature request? Thank You ^.^

0 9 449
9 REPLIES 9

Sounds good. Need a better way to access full-resolution photos taken by the app.

You can create a direct link if the image is aready in the gDrive. If you are adding image with the app, we donโ€™t know the file name yet before the record is saved. The image file will have itโ€™s name (time value) as a saving process and thatโ€™s why you canโ€™t create the path correctly.

EDITโ€ฆ actually you can do this with the virtual column. See my post later.

SOLVED!! To include Full-resolution photos, Iโ€™m simply using the Other Attachments feature at the bottom of Workflow set up screen, EASY! @Aleksi_Alkio

TY for your expertise & attention!!

How do I make it so my Workflow email, sending a Google Doc template Email Body containing an App taken photo, will allow Email recipient to access/download the full resolution Photo.

An App generated GDrive link would work, but Iโ€™d rather have the photo arrive with the standard โ€œDownloadโ€ arrow.

Many Apps will benefit from richer photo accessibility.

TYVM!!

I was hoping to get a link to the Gdrive folder in some way.

I have seen the gettablefileurl method for existing files, but is there a way to adapt this to just link to the folder?

I have been able to use a workflow with a webhook to Zapier to update the spreadsheet row with the URL link to the folder. (Iโ€™m sure you could do the same with individual files as well, and add to an email body)

For me ideally I would want to skip the need for using another service outside of Appsheet to automatically add a link to the Gdrive folder location.

I tested this a little bit and you can send the link with the workflow if you add this formula into the virtual column. With the normal column it wonโ€™t work when you are adding the record. If you open and save it, the link will be correct.

=CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œAppName-AccountIDโ€,"&tableName=",โ€œTable...โ€,[ImageColumn])

If you add this into the virtual column and the column type is URL, it will generate the link. Now you can call that link with the simple expression <<[URLColumnName]>> in the Workflow body.

@Stephen_Mattison It was this post.

@Aleksi_Alkio HAHA, TY!

I could not find it, you are a Superb Gentleman!

@Aleksi_Alkio TYVM for that solution to build a URL link to a file in a Virtual Column to include in a Workflow email, VERY useful!

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space