Hi! If multiple tables are created and refere...

Hi! If multiple tables are created and referenced, by deleting an entry in the parent table, shouldn’t the child-tables’ relevent referred details get deleted automatically? In my app, this doesn’t happen and the child-tables retain data pertaining to the parent table’s entry (all tables have UniqueIDs and referenced accordingly)

0 8 807
8 REPLIES 8

@Malaka_Jayawardene,

Do you mean you would like to automatically delete child records when a referenced parent record is deleted?

If so,

could you please explore

the setting

“IsAPartOf”

option to “True” in referenced column in child table?

plus.google.com - Cascading deletes : IsAPartOf references We recently introduced the concept …

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Hi, thanks, I don’t know why but all of a sudden app didn’t delete the child table’s rows, but now it works again. Yes, I’ve made the “IsAPartOf” option “True” already, I guess that’s what makes a child table’s Referenced Virtual Column appear at the end of the parent table in the first place isn’t it? Anyhow, it works now. Thank you for the help!

Hi @Malaka_Jayawardene, we currently do not support “cascading delete” of children records. It is something that is on the todo list.

@praveen You mean to say that if I delete a parent record, child records will persist without getting deleted? Because shortly after I made this post here, I checked back by making two more records and deleted the parent records, first by selecting it from “All” (table) view, and the second record by going in to the parent record and selecting the delete option there. Both times, both parent and child records did get removed (which is what I wanted to happen). I do not know why it didn’t work before (which is why I made the post here), but then now it works. What do you mean by “cascading delete”?

Hi @praveen, Thank you for guidance and clarification. Even when I tested, the children records got deleted when parent record was deleted. But there must be some

related aspect that we missed.

Will request your further guidance.

It looks like I misspoke :]

I checked with others on the team. It does look like we delete the child records when the parent is deleted.

This happens in our backend when a sync happens (rather than instantly in the app itself).

Hi @praveen , thank you for your update.

Thank you Praveen! Thanks Suvrutt!

Top Labels in this Space