hi !!! i'm about some weeks trying to find a ...

hi !!! i’m about some weeks trying to find a way to add the previous value and the next value in a row. “why i want it?” :

( i need to know the names history that edit the row,

if johny add a value i get johny’s name, but if joao edit the same value i lost the johny’s name and only get joao name)

and i can’t do it :(, idk if it’s possible.

someone help me

i’m trying to use a workflow: if this is true:

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[name] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[name]

do this :

change data - calling a action

i create a new action but I do not know which action to perform.

0 12 420
12 REPLIES 12

In your Action configuration set it to

Do this

–>

Date: set the value of a column Set this column --> name to this value --> concatenate ([_THISROW_BEFORE].[name] , [_THISROW_AFTER].[name])

That should set the value to “johny,joao” in your example.

@Marc_Dillon i try it but seems like (_THISROW_AFTER) only works in workflow

appsheet.com - - portfolio of mobile apps created with AppSheet and check the app name ColumnHistory. - portfolio of mobile apps created with AppSheet appsheet.com

ty @Aleksi_Alkio its exactly what I wanted, thank you so much!!!

Oh, interesting.

In that case you can send a webhook from the workflow to update the value via a call to the appsheet API.

Its a bit complicated for such a seemingly simple task. Maybe someone else has an easier solution.

help.appsheet.com - Enabling the API

https://help.appsheet.com/integrations/api/api-the-essentials Enabling the API help.appsheet.com

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

@Johny_Freitas

yes [_THISROW_BEFOR] and [_THISROW_AFTER] are not currently available outside of workflow, so the solution you were planning doesn’t work.

However since your goal is to log the previous name, why not adding a column to your column structure e.g. [Name_Log] and in its app formula enter something like this: IF([Name_Log]<>[Name], [Name], [_THIS])

Or if you want all previous names, you could concatenate them like Marc’s suggestion.

Guys, no need to jump to API world:) You have three columns, “ID”, “Original” and “New”. For the “New” column you can write an app formula something like…

=SPLIT(LOOKUP([_THISROW].[ID],Update,ID,New))+ IFS([ORIGINAL]<>LOOKUP([_THISROW].[ID],Update,ID,Original), LIST([Original]))

Every time when you change the value in the “Original” field, it will update your list in “New” field. The “Original” is a text type field where the “New” is an EnumList. The main reason why it works it’s the IFS statement because you will evaluate the new value against the old (not updated yet) value in that table. Because the record is not saved yet, it will find out the difference.

@Aleksi_Alkio i can’t do it, i don’t understand the code, why there is update, if only have 3 columns? i create your example and i get this error:

Update is just a table name.

i can’t get this to work, SPLIT(LOOKUP([_THISROW].[ID],Update,ID,New)) update id new, are tables? if yes i do it and i get error

Let me create a sample so you would see how it works.

Top Labels in this Space