Hi, I'm almost done with my app...I need a li...

Hi, I’m almost done with my app…I need a little input on a formula.

I need a formula where if a certain field is blank in the source spreadsheet and a different field is not blank in the source spreadsheet, then “XYZ” text displays in Appsheet.

Would I enter this under Data->Columns->Edit column definition–>Suggested_Values? And how would the formula be constructed?

Thanks much.

0 11 409
11 REPLIES 11

IFS(AND(ISBLANK( [ColA]), ISNOTBLANK ([ColB])), “XYZ”)

Thank you Bellave. This would go under App formula? When I enter it I get: Unable to find table ‘ISBLANK’.

In the app by clicking the pencil icon in your first screenshot

@Joshua_Rose I had missed the parens - fixed the formula above.

@Bellave_Jayaram Thank you, the expression is valid, however it is not returning XYZ in the app. The conditions are met. You can see on this screenshot the formula on the left, and on the app under Empty Trash Value $1.00 there should be another field for Empty Trash Earned / TBD.

@Joshua_Rose Here you can see on the source spreadsheet that Empty Trash Earned is blank and Empty Trash Time Approved is not blank.

@Bellave_Jayaram Hi, any thoughts most welcome!!

You need to open the row and save, only then the value will be written to the sheet. If you prefer to avoid opening the row, you can use Quickedit for any field and it will then sync and write the value.

@Bellave_Jayaram I’m sorry I don’t understand. Open the row where and save? Can you be specific, I’m confused…

I meant edit the row (if it already exists in the sheet) in a form view. If it is a new row you are adding then there’s no issue, it should be written.

@Bellave_Jayaram So I need to edit the row in addition to adding the formula to the column? Where do I edit the row?

Top Labels in this Space