Hi. I'm just getting used to workflows and re...

expressions
(MM Group) #1

Hi. I’m just getting used to workflows and reports ( with both table and slice) when I run my report I get every record in the table as opposed to the query expression to just return records where [Completed]=FALSE and [DateAssigned]>TODAY()

COUNT( SELECT( Fleet[Task], AND( [Completed?]=FALSE, [DateAssigned]>TODAY() ) ) ) <> 0

As I look in the table, the data for column [Completed?] containd ‘Y’ or ‘N’ so I changed the expression to:

COUNT( SELECT( Fleet[Task], AND( [Completed?]=“N”, [DateAssigned]>TODAY() ) ) ) <> 0

The report still includes every record.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

Try to use TRUE or FALSE

(Philip Garrett) #3

@MM_Group @Aleksi_Alkio

Aleksi is the expert, but I can take a look if you provide: 1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The Report name

(MM Group) #4

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi Philip, how do I send the credentials privately? Kind Regards

(Aleksi Alkio) #5

You can send them to me aleksi@appsheet.com

(MM Group) #6

Hi Guys, did you manage to look at this? Kind Regards

(Aleksi Alkio) #7

Sorry… just saw that email. I will check.

(Aleksi Alkio) #8

You will get the TRUE value because your expression is not tied to your record. Your expression COUNT(SELECT(…))<>0 is always true if you have at least one record where the evaluation matches. Instead of that, you should use an expression like AND([Completed?]=FALSE, [DateAssigned]>TODAY()). This will give you the result TRUE or FALSE row by row.

(Aleksi Alkio) #9

If you do the filtering with the slice, you can use just TRUE for your condition rule.

(MM Group) #10

Thanks Aleksi, but is the attached correct?

(Aleksi Alkio) #11

It’s not correct. Check the formula from the reply.