Hi, Im looking to get the URL of the images c...

Paul_Pillay
Participant II

Hi, Im looking to get the URL of the images captured by my mobile, so I can create the link in my SQL database.

I think the below formula is what I need, however, it there a predefined expression to get the AppName?

I may need to copy this App and would like to dynamically get the AppName.

The tablename will always be same.

=SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œAppName-Account#โ€,"&tableName=",โ€œTableN...โ€,+ImageColumnCell), " ", โ€œ%20โ€)

Thanks

0 11 2,128
11 REPLIES 11

Harry2
Participant V

@Paul_Pillay Hi Paul, could you explain why you need to use an expression to create image links? Each time you capture an image, AppSheet will automatically generate and store the path to the image in your cloud storage provider in your SQL table for you.

Paul_Pillay
Participant II

Hi Dinh, when I checked the sql entry it only saved the โ€œtablename/imagefilenameโ€.

Im I missing something?

I created a column in my sql database (as text), then set the associated columnโ€™s datatype in Appsheet as โ€˜Imageโ€™. Thanks

Harry2
Participant V

@Paul_Pillay Hi Paul, the image paths saved in the SQL table are only the relative paths of the images. The assumption is that the images will all be saved in the root folder of your app. Hence, the relative paths will only point to folder within the appโ€™s root folder. So, if the path is โ€œtableName_image/imageName.jpegโ€, then this means that within the appโ€™s root folder, thereโ€™s a folder named โ€œtableName_imageโ€ that stores all images of the corresponding table, and within this image folder, thereโ€™s an image called โ€œimageName.jpegโ€. To find where the appโ€™s root folder is, you can go to the Info > Properties tab in the editor, and check the โ€œDefault app folderโ€ setting.

Paul_Pillay
Participant II

I can see the images in the root folder in dropbox as you have described.

However, I am only using dropbox for the authentication to the app.

All the data is in my sql database which I have added as a datasource.

So the app works fine capturing and displaying the images.

However, I also have a windows application which also interacts with the sql database.

I am trying to show a direct URL link in my windows application to view the image captured on the app.

Im planning to roll out an sql database and associated app per customer, so I canโ€™t hardcode the datasource path (dropbox, box etc) or app name.

I was hoping I could pull the appname when a image is captured, then use the formula to generate the URL link

Harry2
Participant V

@Paul_Pillay Iโ€™m afraid thereโ€™s currently no expression to retrieve the app name dynamically, so youโ€™ll need to hardcode it into the expression. Another thing to keep in mind is that youโ€™ll need to URL encode the entire link generated by the expression. To do so, you can use the ENCODEURL({link}) function.

Paul_Pillay
Participant II

ok thanks for your help

Guys!

What is the final Formula that u have created?

I have a Table where i save a drawing in a cell โ€œDrawing imageโ€ and in the next cell โ€œDrawing urlโ€ i want to create (automaticly) a url link that i can use as a background image for a XY column.

The โ€œDrawing imageโ€ in the sql database the cell shows only the โ€œtable_map/image_nameโ€.

Now my search has lead me up to use: =SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE and some where ENCODEURL({link}), โ€ฆbut how further,โ€ฆ

thnx in advance!

Hi @Joel_Tjon-A-Tsien maybe this is helpful?

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to disable the zoom button in the map view of a XY Column?

kind regards Joel,

I donโ€™t believe so.

Hi @Fabian,

Thnx for your response,

Yes i think so. But i have to solve the Public access issue first. The app that we build with appsheet is based on a sql data base. And because we use our microsoft account to login to the app, the images are stored in the microsoft one drive,โ€ฆwhich is not public accessible,โ€ฆ

i am trying some options now, i will be back when i have some concrete questions.

thnx, joel

Top Labels in this Space