Hi - I'm trying to develop an app that can ma...

Hi - I’m trying to develop an app that can manage admissions to a hospital for instance.

I want to use my existing database with all the existing info where possible. So I have a table with existing patient data in. The patient Identity number (E.g. Social Security Number) forms the unique ID/key. So I have created a view where the patient enter his ID number, then next takes you to name and other details.

However what I want to do is once the ID number is entered, it needs to first verify whether the ID already exist or not. If not, it is easy, but if it does exist, I want to use the surname as a password in order to load existing data and update it. I know I can use the List/Ref function, but I don’t really want to do this as it could lead to security issues around personal info.

So when the patient arrive,

they punch in their ID number. If it doesnt exist, they provide all their details. If it exists, they need to provide their surname as password. If Correct, they can edit their current info.

How do I go about this?

Thanks, Pieter

0 4 376
4 REPLIES 4

@Pieter_Jonas

There are a couple of handicaps on your way… 1.) This should be a public app and there won’t be user sign-in where data will be insecure 2.) As your data will be public, patient data will be jeopardized where that data is highly sensitive 3.) As there won’t be user sign-in, you are not allowed to mimic a username/pwd authentication in a public plan.

Hi Pieter, I think you can use show type column to ask patients to register if their ID don’t exists. Provide a deor patient ID column you use IN/CONTAINS function in valid_if formula.

For instance.

ID: _______________________

If not registered, register here. (Deeplink to other form where they can register, show type)

Other details: ______________________

https://help.appsheet.com/data/columns/column-types-diving-deeper Column Types: Diving Deeper help.appsheet.com

Yeah I understand that part, but I intend to make it a private/secure app. So during development I am using dummy info, but if it works the way I intend I plan to use the secure option (and pay…)

@Sdfaheemuddin

Awesome Thanks Syed. I think this is getting me closer to where I want to be!

Top Labels in this Space