Hi! I'm using the Timesheet App that comes by...

Hi! I’m using the Timesheet App that comes by default thanks to the Appsheet team. The thing is that I would like to tweak it a little bit. I would like to force each of the users (the employees) to insert a 5 digit passcode ( that I would

previously give to each of them ) before submitting either of the Clock In/Out actions. According to the support team this is possible. Any help? Thanks in advance

0 14 869
14 REPLIES 14

By the way, this is what the support team has suggested:

“One possible solution is to give each employee a unique code or password, as you have mentioned. Roughly speaking, here’s how this might work: each time an employee fills out a new form to clock in/out, they will need to fill in the unique code that was given to them. Also, it’s a good idea to require the employee to manually fill out their email address as well. The app can then use the email address to look up the unique code assigned to the user (the codes and email addresses can be stored in a table in the app). Only if the code found by the app matches the code filled in manually by the user will the user be able to submit the form to clock in/out.”

may I invite you to my team so you can help me from within?

Ya sure. Happy to help.

One workaround could be NFC tags where you can use just the email address for example. If you set the option UX > Options > Allow scan input override as OFF, they can read the NFC tag but they can’t type it.

Thanks for your comment @Aleksi_Alkio. I will dig into it.

Thanks for your suuport @Sdfaheemuddin. I have managed to create a Table with some passcodes and create a connection with my users. Now I need to force each of them to introduce de Passcode on every Clock In/Out submit. I guess this is managed in the Action itself. Any chance you know how to make this happen?

I guess the table you created contains columns: email ID and Passcode

Then in Timesheet table add two columns named Email ID of type ref and Passcode of type number.

In Valid_if column defination add [Email ID].[Passcode]=[_This]

make sure required button is checked.

I have created a Sheet Tab with 2 columns:

Name and Passcodes. So now I have 3 tables: Timesheet, Employees and Passcodes. The Column Name is type Ref and referenced to the Employees table. So I guess it’s a bit different. Any tip?

In the Timeshhet table I already have a Column called “Name”, that is also type Ref and references to the Employees table. So I guess I can’t create another column that is called “name” right?

Then better create ‘Passcode’ column in Employees table and make this column hidden.

Then [Name].[Passcode]=[_This]

No need of Passcodes table

Done what you siad. It gives me this error: Column Name ‘Passcode’ in Schema ‘Employees_Schema’ is a virtual column without an app formula.

I’ve added your formula in the Valid_If field

Not a virtual column. Add a new column in the Employee table in Google sheets.

Then regenerate the columns in appsheet

I’m sorry, but I can’t manage to make it work. Now I see in the Timesheet table a new field called Passcode but under it says “True”, so it doesn’t allow me to insert any passcode…

Top Labels in this Space