Hi, I'm writing a call center app. I have two...

Hi, I’m writing a call center app. I have two tables:

(1) customers table with data about customers including phone number, etc. (2) call progress table that has a reference to a customer, and the status (called, no answer, busy)

I have a detail view on the customers table where the app user can make a call. I want to create an action that updates the progress table from the customers table detail view.

I cant seem to figure out how to do this anyone have an idea?

0 5 404
5 REPLIES 5

You need to use LINKTOFORM action which can read customer ID from the detail view.

HI! how did you managed to assing an ID to the costumer? Curently i´m using a macros to generate an automatic number but it´s not working as i intended.

You can use expression UNIQUEID() which will generate an unique 8-digit value.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks, this worked. Is there a way to automatically save the form without showing it to the user? and then also sync automatically. I want to minimize the user interaction… just click the button and go to the next person they need to call. I’ll explain what I need it for: the app user calls the next customer, and then can update the progress with this customer to one of: “No answer”, “line busy”, “call performed”. There is no need for the app user to see the progress data form.

You can set sync options “Delayed sync” and “Automatic updates” to ON. You can find them from Behavior > Offline/Sync.

Top Labels in this Space